12 Jan Ninja Advice to Avoid Frozen Pipes
Winters in Tennessee can be unpredictable with wide variations in temperature and precipitation. With Middle Tennessee temperatures expected to plummet in the coming days, our Restoration Ninjas have some sound advice to avoid frozen pipes.
Our Ninjas want to remind everyone that the pipes most at risk of freezing are those in unheated interior spaces like garages, basements, or attics, but even pipes running through cabinets or exterior walls can sometimes freeze.
Ninja Tips to Avoid a Frozen Disaster
- Disconnect garden hoses and consider installing outdoor faucet covers
- Insulate any pipes located in unheated areas (basement, crawl space, etc)
- Seal any holes around interior and exterior wall pipes
- Keep your garage doors closed
- Open your kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors when it gets really cold out
- Drip cold water out of your faucet
- Keep your thermostat at the same temperature throughout the day and night
- Leave the heat on in your home set to at least 55 degrees F if you are traveling away from home
Final Ninja Thoughts
Partnering with a team you can trust is essential to have the peace of mind you need when it comes to issues related to your home or business. For over 17 years, our local, family-owned, award-winning team of dedicated and professional Roof and Restoration Ninjas has been serving families and property owners across middle Tennessee. With over 100 years of combined professional Ninja experience, you can rest assured that our Ninjas will always be “Here When You Need Us.”